These are so yummy that you will not believe these are free of: Gluten, Dairy, Corn and Soy! No grains other than Rice, and the beauty of these waffles is that they can also be made Nut and Egg-Free!
Great for those with allergies and food sensitivities – this healthy and delicious recipe will brighten your day and energize your world! Enjoy.
Makes 4 round waffles 6” in diameter.
- 1 cup GF rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup potato starch (NOT Potato Flour)
- 1⁄4 cup Gluten-Free tapioca flour
- 2 tsps. baking powder
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. evaporated cane sugar, real maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup coconut oil (melted/liquid)
- 1 1⁄3 cups vanilla almond milk or coconut milk (carton)
- 2 eggs (separate whites) or for Egg-Free: 1 well mashed banana
Directions: Special equipment: waffle iron
- Preheat a waffle iron to medium-high. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F (to keep cooked waffles warm).
- Whisk together the dry ingredients (rice flour, potato flour, tapioca flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and cinnamon) in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the “milk”, oil and egg yolks in another bowl.
- Beat the egg whites in a third bowl until soft peaks form, about 3 minutes.
- Pour the milk mixture into the rice flour mixture and gently stir until just incorporated (it’s ok if there are some lumps).
- Add a bit more milk if too thick or a bit of rice flour if too runny.
- Gently fold in the egg whites.
- Lightly brush or spray the top and bottom of the waffle iron with some oil.
- Fill the waffle iron about three-quarters of the way full (some waffle iron should still be showing).
- Close the lid gently and cook until the waffles are golden brown and crisp, 6 to 7 minutes.
- Keep the cooked waffles warm in the oven or covered with foil on a plate while you make the remaining