Free of: Wheat, Gluten, Grains, Dairy, Corn, Soy, Egg and Nuts.
All EFVD/GFVD lifestyle programs friendly! Even Candida Diet!
- 2 lbs. fresh wild salmon fillets (skin removed) seasoned with sea salt & pepper
- 2 Tbsps. Grape seed oil
- 6 Zucchini, medium to large firm and straight
- 3 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 4 Tbsps. shallot, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 artichoke hearts (in water), cut quartered
- 4 Tbsps. fresh parsley, chopped
- 6 slices crumbled crispy turkey bacon, crispy bacon or crispy pancetta
lemon, zested and juiced
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Sea salt to taste
Fettuccini – use a potato peeler.
- The vegetable peeler method will give you long flat noodles / lengthwise ribbons. Peel off several from one side, then turn the zucchini and peel off more. Continue to turn and peel away ribbons until you get to the seeds at the core of the zucchini. Discard the core.
Spaghetti – use a spiral slicer (spiralizer), mandolin slicer or knife
- If you have a spiralizer, this will be perfect for the job! *
- If you have a mandolin, hook up the julienne attachment for perfectly formed noodles.
- If using a knife, just cut the zucchini into thin slices, stack up, and cut again lengthwise into thin strips. Discard the seeded core.
- Salt the zucchini noodles, let sit for a few minutes then massage and squeeze the water out of them. Make sure to drain any excess liquid!
- In a large pan heat grapeseed oil on medium to high heat. Add salmon fillets top side down and sear till golden and crispy then turn over to finish cooking through. Cover only with a splatter screen, otherwise it will not get crispy.
- In a Wok or large pan on medium heat add olive oil and shallots and sauté until soft.
- Add the garlic and sauté 1 minute
- Add the zucchini noodles, turn up heat to medium high and cook for 2 minutes
- Add artichokes and lemon zest, stir to combine and cook 1 minute
- Turn off heat and add parsley and lemon juice, pinch of cayenne and stir to combine
- Add the bacon and adjust seasonings to taste
- Distribute evenly on 4 plates or low bowls, then put salmon on top and serve with extra lemon.
Find more recipes like this one at www.eatingforvitalitydiet.com or www.glutenfreevitalitydiet.com.
Don’t have a spiralizer? Lisa recommends:
Strongest-Heaviest, 100% Risk Free with Lifetime Guarantee, Best Veggie Pasta Spaghetti Maker for Low Carb/Paleo/Gluten-Free Meals